Brenda Allison, CEO
“I started off with a laptop in our spare bedroom, and I wrote my first policy, for which I made fifty dollars and was paid 90 days later. Within six months I had a small team … it was like running a marathon in place for two years. It was extremely difficult, but we were building a platform for future growth.”
CEO & Broker
Allison Commercial Insurance Agency is the second successful firm built from scratch by CEO Brenda Allison. She focused her expertise on becoming a business insurance specialist by helping business owners manage their everyday risks and overcome the unexpected. In 2007, Allison Commercial Insurance Agency, Inc. acquired longtime friends and collaborators, Coast General Insurance Brokers, and the unified firm has grown year over year ever since.
Ms. Allison earned a Bachelor of Science in Urban and Public Affairs and her Master’s of Business Administration in Marketing. She earned her Health Insurance Professional (HIP) designation in 2010 and her Agribusiness and Farm Insurance Specialist (AFIS) designation in 2011.
- 2016 Latino Business Award, Pacific Coast Business Times
- 2017 Top Minority-Owned Business, Pacific Coast Business Times
- 2020 Trailblazer Award, Women’s Economic Ventures
- 2021 Rotarian of the Year, Rotary Club of Ventura
- 2022 National Sales Award, United Ag
- 2022 Who’s Who in Health Care, Insurance & Life Sciences, Pacific Coast Business Times
- 2023 Who’s Who in Health Care, Insurance & Life Sciences, Pacific Coast Business Times
Ms. Allison is an active member in her community, having served on many non-profit boards and supporting charitable organizations including:
- Rotary Club of Ventura, Active Member and Board Member since 2006
- Big Brother Big Sister of Ventura County, Executive Board Member, Chair of Fund Development
- Casa Pacifica, Executive Board member, Chair of Human Resource Committee
- Women’s Economic Ventures, Former Chairperson 2008-2015
- Provisors, Ventura Group, Member and Executive Committee since 2013
- Poinsettia Elementary School, School Site Council member
- Gold-Diggers, Inc., Miami, Former Performing Board Member
- Camarillo Chamber of Commerce, Latinos in Business, Founder and Former Chairperson
- Cuban Culture Club of Ventura County, Founder, and Active Member since 2012
Brenda lives in Camarillo with her children- Caroline, Charlotte, Charles, and her husband, Rotarian and Past President, Thomas J. “Hutch” Hutchinson. They enjoy travel, music, volunteering, family game nights, and reading as a family.
HONOLULU, HAWAII — Brenda Allison, CEO of Coast General Insurance Brokers in Oxnard, received a national sales award during a prestigious industry event. UnitedAg, a member-owned, agricultural trade association, honored Allison for her tireless work helping its members.
Oxnard-Based Insurance Brokerage Firm CEO to Speak During National Industry Event in Washington, D.C.
Meet Brenda Allison, HIP, AFIS, who owns Coast General Insurance Brokers in Ventura, California.